Nov 6,2013 / By Samson Ogola / No Comment
A social media marketer primarily helps businesses succeed through aggressive popularization of their products or services. While it is true that many are going online and have embraced social media, very few know how to use the internet to their advantage. Such lack of online marketing skills can hide a wonderful product from the web as an inferior one rises to popularity. For instance, most business owners are too busy to update their social networks or chat with their fans effectively. This often leads to loss fans, which must be corrected if the business is keen on growth. To take care of such inconveniences, therefore, most businesses have contracted social media marketing agencies.
|An infographics showing a Showing a marketing Formula
Image By: Osmaantahir, CC-BY, via flickr
As mentioned before, online marketers’ main interest is to avail your site on the major search engines. The process mostly starts with the analysis of how your business uses key social media tools and designing ways of improving your current output. While they use different methods, their target is higher traffic to your site. For instance, a site that only had 200 unique visitors per day can be lifted to over 10, 000 viewers in the same period. Such a boost in traffic can lead to higher sales or more revenues from ad programs like Google AdSense. You however need to consider certain factors before contracting anyone since there are fake promotional companies too.
Characteristics of a reliable social media marketer
There are several things you must take into account before hiring a social marketer. Being cautious not only protects you from fraudsters but also ensures you get the best deals in terms of fees paid to the social manager(s). While there are several attributes of good social media marketing agencies, the following are considered the most important:
- Experienced– can use most social media tools and platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and MySpace (for musicians and artists). In addition, they have been in business for long and have testimonials to prove that.
- Are focused – targets a specific audience and feeds them with authoritative, real and engaging updates. The updates are also simple and direct.
- Accessible – can always be reached by the audience and has strong communication skills. For instance, they are creative, detailed, friendly, patient and highly informed. They should also avail, on their site, a working phone number, reliable email support and a conspicuously placed physical address.
- Legal – are registered with the relevant bodies and hold many accreditations and awards. They also avail such credentials on their secure websites for easy access.
- Passionate – always online reading and creating blogs. In short, they have great online following apart from their clients.
7 reasons why you should use social media marketing
Social network marketing has several advantages over other online promotional modes. You however need to agree on the mode of payment and have all your agreements in writing if possible. You are also advised to ask questions and ensure that your concerns are properly addressed before you get into any deal with social media marketing agencies. Provided you have a reliable marketing agency, you can always enjoy benefits such as:
- Instant Feedback – allows one to gauge the effect of their marketing campaign though reliable traffic statistics. Social media also allow business to reach new audience easily hence broader markets.
- Good Customer Support – allows customers and fans to communicate with you directly. This promotes customer interactions. A reliable communication is always good for business growth.
- Professional Marketing – hiring social media marketing agencies ensures your products are promoted through effective means like SEO, link creation and expert blogging just to mention a few.
- Low Investment – social media marking is cheaper compared to other marketing strategies. Apart from the manager’s fees, the other social media services are usually free to use.
- Ease of Maintenance – the marketing agencies always ensures your business is using the latest plugins. The said plugins do not need additional expenses. You can also stop or change marketing strategies easily.
- Improved Online Presence – improved credibility can draw a lot of traffic to your site thus leading to sales of products and more revenue. With programs like AdSense, you can translate high web traffic into revenue by placing ads on your site. The more views the more you are paid by the ads program.
- Community Building – your business can easily build a loyal fan base which can give honest review of your products or services.
Based on the above advantages, it is only wise that you seek the services of a good Social Media Marketing Agency to help you reach millions with your products. Feel free to share your experience and concerns about Social media marketing.