Today we look at the basics, how to write a good article. But before that, let’s define an Article. An article is a well-written, original and comprehensive summary of a topic, including reliable references and links. Consequently, article writing is among the most effective ways of promoting products and services online. Such prominence has seen an influx of articles from different writers to online article directories, blogs and personal websites.
For instance, independent reviews and search engines results will give a lower rating for spun articles compared to unique contents. To get higher ratings therefore, writers need to know the characteristics of a good article and the most effective ways of online content promotion.
4 Qualities of a Good Article
- Original – Even though you know that content is king, there is still that urge to spun or plagiarize contents. My advice on this is to be original and bring a unique angle to the topic. It is advisable that you write on a topic you understand, as this will allow originality and flow of ideas throughout the article.
- Great Title – Take your time to come up with a title especially if you are writing on a trending topic. You are to carefully coin a relevant and catchy title for the article(s) to draw traffic to it once it is published. The use of Keywords in a title, which is one of the Search Engine Optimization (SEO), is another way to ensure online visibility.
- Relevance – Another feature of a good article is the relevance to the title. It is never enough to have captivating titles when the content is irrelevant.
- Factual and Current – Unless it is fictitious or creative writing, the article should be factual and up-to-date to provide commendable information. Since readers’ recommendation is a very effective article promotion method, writers should be as informative and current as possible.
How to promote an Article
- Share article via email or submit them as news feed on prominent websites.
- Submit to Article Directories Such as EzineArticles, GoArticle among others
- Make a small YouTube video and link it to the articl’s Url
- Bookmark it on social sites like Digg, Delicious, Diigo, Reddit and StumbleUpon and Tumblr
- Share on unique social sites like Design Float, Web Blend and Design Bump if your article is about graphic Design. You may also use t
- Share on Triberr to get readers and a very targeted Audience
- Create Missions at Empire Avenue to get other social media enthusiasts to share your content for free
- Promote article on the major social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest for better results.
About Facebook, Google+ and Twitter
Google Plus platform works in a similar way as Facebook and as effective.