You are here because the complex ‘make money online’ tutorials aren’t working. You are here because you need simple but working methods. And you’ll definitely find what you are looking for and more. Again, the methods I’ve explained here are simple and rewarding…no rocket science.
Before we get down to 10 simple ways to make money online, this post is not a get-rich-quick scheme. Not that I wouldn’t be happy if you made a million dollar in a day following the tips below…just saying you should moderate your expectations. And you never know I may be speaking from experience 🙂
Enough with the warning and stories, here is my favorite list of 10 ways to make money online:
1. Publish And Sell Ebooks
An electronic book (or e-book) is a book publication made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices. Although sometimes defined as “an electronic version of a printed book”, some e-books exist without a printed equivalent ~ Wikipedia
- Ebook Money Machines (a step by step video course that shows you how to Quickly and Easily, Learn to Publish Your eBooks)
- How To Maximize Your Ebook Profits (a step by step formula for success – all you need to make the most from your eBooks)
2. Make money as a freelance writer
But with a diploma or undergraduate degree, you should find reputable academic writing sites. Unlike article writing, these sites pay more now that they are strict on academic qualification.
Freelance writing gives you the freedom to write for a client of choice when you want. In some cases, you have the liberty to write on a topic that interests you. Below are the common forms of freelance writing the online community offers:
- Writing on bidding sites like Freelancer, Upwork etc. Success on these sites begins with writing a convincing proposal, doing some work and having high ratings plus recommendations. So, build a good portfolio (display of your work) and always deliver on time.
- Writing on Content Mills like Iwriter, Textbroker etc. The trick to succeed on these sites is quality and fast turnaround. Just like the bidding sites, high ratings means better earnings and vise vasa. So, avoid fluff and re-writes. Otherwise, the amount you can make from content mills, contrary to the popular opinion, is only limited by your imagination. You can make as much as $50 per 500 article on sites like Iwriter if you have good ratings
- Writing on Revenue-sharing sites like Hubpages, Squidoo etc. Honestly, these sites may be tricky to make money from, especially if you don’t have a lot of followers and cannot generate traffic. Remember, they pay you per 1000 views and that is something you may not easily achieve. However, if you focused on the content rather than the pay and wrote engaging contents then revenue sites will reward immeasurably. I suggest you write problem-solving articles. And never overlook a site’s FAQ page unless you want your articles to be rejected.
- Top 100 Freelance Writing Sites
- How To Write An Engaging Article
- Secrets of success on Iwriter, Textbroker etc
3. Make money as a Freelance Graphic Designer
Do you have some graphic design background? Then, it is time you put your skills into use and make some real money online. There are thousands of clients willing to pay more just to get hold of your designs. And the good thing is, there are numerous sites you may join to sell your services. In other words, you have a ready market.
Here are some tips to help you position yourself in this rather overcrowded but highly lucrative field:
- Understand the rules and regulations of the freelance site (e.g Guru). In fact, only join and accept a job if it matches your design skills. You don’t want a poor review for your maiden order.
- Set up a convincing profile and ensure there is a good portfolio to show potential clients what you are capable of.
- Only work with reliable sites and clients. Never jump into deals that are too good to be true.
4. Make money as a Transcriptionist
The good news, again, is that transcription is among the simplest ways to make money online. You are ready to join this field as long as you have keen attention to detail, is a good listener and can type faster. Here are other tips you will find important on your journey to the top:
- Find a reputable transcription site (refer to the link below)
- Always ensure you have fast and reliable internet connection
- Use high-quality earphone to avoid straining a lot
- Make sure you understand what the client wants and the site rules before you commence work. Pay more attention to the special instructions by the client.
- Engage successful transcribers and learn why they are doing so well, then make the necessary adjustments.
5. Make money as a Data Entry Clerk
Data entry is the process of entering data into a computerized database or spreadsheet. Data entry can be performed by an individual typing at a keyboard or by a machine entering data electronically – Webopedia
Services such as Editing, Typing and Other Administrative tasks are often categorized as Data Entry or Virtual Assistant jobs. How does one make money through such tasks? Simply go to reputable sites like Upwork (formerly Odesk) or Freelancer and set up a good profile.
Ensure that you showcase your potential in the most convincing manner. By the way, be smart and only go for the tasks you can easily handle. Also, look for hourly tasks as opposed to fixed tasks in the above sites.
6. Make money Selling Items Online
I believe you have heard about or even used sites like Amazon and eBay. These sites are some of the most popular online shops in the world. They are visited by millions of people daily. While most visitors to online shopping sites are there to buy items, a considerable number of people also visit these sites to sell their products…ever thought about joining the sellers?
You can sell anything online i.e. from Ebooks to televisions, because there will always be people looking for convenient shopping…just be there to meet that need. Be dynamic and tap into this enormous market place and start wreaking hundreds of dollars in sales.
Selling a product online is as simple as posting it and including a truthful description. Now, here are some points that may prove helpful in this online money making method:
- Advertise high-quality products or services
- Post your product/service under the right category
- Pick the most convenient online payment method
There may be challenges succeeding in this overcrowded and highly competitive field, but not if you have the right tips.
7. Make money through Affiliate Marketing
One of the legitimate jobs and with high returns is Affiliate Marketing. What is affiliate marketing therefore? Well,
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts – Wikipedia
Your job will be to refer consumers (online shoppers) to purchase a certain product. The referral can be done in different ways, with the mostly used being the Use of links that can trace back to you in case a consumer you referred purchases the product.
Contrary to popular opinion, you don’t have to own a blog or a website to start making money as an affiliate. The secret is picking products that sells and promote them vigorously via emails, on forums and social media. Be careful not to spam your mailing list or the forums. Again, look for a product that is appropriate for your online community.
Entireweb and AJIBOYE remain to be my favorite affiliate programs now that they pay per visitor. These can earn you small but consistent income as long as your blog receives some traffic. This doesn’t mean you should limit yourself, try different programs and settle on the one that’s working.
8. Paid Online Surveys
9. Buying and Selling Domains
Don’t be scared, buying a domain isn’t demanding more so if you are buying in bulk. There are hundreds of domain registrar out there, all you need is some small capital to launch your business.
Basically, Domain Name Flipping is:
Domain flipping is a phrase used to describe purchasing a domain name and then quickly reselling (or “flipping”) it for profit. This is usually done within a year after purchase so that the owner doesn’t have to pay renewal fees for subsequent years – DomainSherpa
It is simple and needs little investment. Just buy domain(s) that seem underused and valued and do some value addition to it before selling it. You might not believe but a $10 .com domain may end up getting you $4000 even more.
10. Make money as a blogger
By now you must have realized this is a blog 🙂 Apart from freelance writing, you can also make money as a blogger. Most bloggers will agree with me that making money through blogging may not be a simple task but possible. You need the right tips if you are to make significant income from a personal blog.
I know..I know.. this blog isn’t making money, let alone significant amount, and I may not be the right guy to lecture you on how to make money blogging. But come to think of it, must a doctor suffer your ailment to treat you better? I doubt. So, I’m going to share what I’ve learnt from successful bloggers and which I believe will work for you.
The link below will take you through blogging in the simplest way possible, with focus to how to make money. And one more thing, the writer is among the successful bloggers I alluded to earlier.
Obviously, this isn’t a conclusive list of legit internet jobs but have tried as much as I can to give you enough resources to help you make money. And yes the simple ways to make money online I have shared so far can sufficiently bring you income.
Let me know your thoughts about this post by commenting. Otherwise, good luck.